Great new Kettlebell and lifting gloves!


05 April 2007

Weight down, but what about bodyfat?

Today, I started to assess my little break from my exercise routine and found that I went from 195 to 189lbs, which is by no way an improvement, since I didn't exercise (cardio or resistance training) or eat right for over a week, I know I didn't loose body fat, but I don't think I lost 5-6 lbs of muscle either.

I am quite a bit more dehydrated; I haven't been drinking my usual 3 liters of water and have been drinking more than a cup or 2 of coffee a day. So, for now, I'll contribute my drastic weight change to dehydration.

This is why you mustn't use just a body weight scale (like so many people tend to do) to assess your fitness progress if it's body fat loss your seeking.

Remember, if you aren't checking your body weight and body fat % you can't truly assess your progress toward your (body fat loss) fitness goal!

Unfortunately, my body fat scale says I need to rehydrate myself and continue with my workout program!

1 comment:

Sandee said...

Well, being a girl I like to see the weight loss (ask your wife). You are right though, it doesn't always mean a good thing. Hydrate and get back at it. You know the way and that is apparent. Happy Easter to you and yours.